Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm Officially a Symbian User

I am writing this to declare that my O2 XDA II Mini is officially dead.  It died when my wife accidentally dropped it in the toilet bowl.  I attempted to revive it but after a couple of disassembly-assembly and a bit of visual inspection(Just to see if I have a darn talent in fixing such kind of devices) it no longer showed signs of life, so I declared it as totally unusable.  Well, this is bad news for my wife since she was the one who inherited it.  Anyway, since I currently have 2 cellphones that I am using, now I have to choose which one of them should I give her, my Nokia E90 or my HTC Touch Viva.

Beforehand, before it was flushed-up, I already have a clue that the O2 wouldn't last that long so I have already decided that I will give her my HTC Touch Viva and will live with a Symbian based E90.  Although I am having second thoughts since the Viva is very much useful to me especially the dictionary and the MS Office programs.  But anyway, I still gave it to her.  I thought to myself that the HTC Viva is too much for me.  The applications that was installed in the Viva were no longer used for the past couple of months except for the dictionary and the MS Excel.  So I just let it go.

The E90 have a battery problem, aside for the fact that it doesn't last for a day the battery itself is already bloated.  So I went out to buy a replacement battery and also unlocked the E90 since it was tied up with Globe. I am a die hard Sun Cellular user.

I installed some apps from the Ovi store and upgraded the firmware hoping that it will boost-up in speed since it only had a 300MHz processor.  The Ovi app store is not that appealing compared to the iTunes App store.  I have limited choices and didn't even found a dictionary application.  Good thing that I have downloaded a software from this Indian guy named Vikrant and have it installed.  What I don't like about it is that it's quite heavy in the pocket.  That is why I also bought a special belt-clip for it.  But on the bright side I already got used to this phone and have enjoyed using it ever since.  I type faster especially when texting.  Slowly I am liking the feel of the Symbian S60 software.  Although opening applications takes quite some time but I am able to manage.  Besides, the reason I choose this is to simplify things and it did.

No comments: