Sunday, September 9, 2012

Philips SHL8805




I bought this pair of headset way back in 2011 when my wife was looking for another item to avail of SM's 6 months 0% interest installment option if your items to purchase is worth at least P5,000. I was looking for an item to fill the gap of P2,500 and what came to my mind was a pair of high quality headset.  This one came with a bang since it costs P2,990.00.  The main reason I chose this one is because it is the only headset in SM's Music Store that has a remote control.  The other choice was Audio Technica but it didn't have the remote feature.  Also, this Philips headset sounds almost completely the same as with the Audio Technica counterpart.  The black variant was much cheaper but unfortunately there was not one available so I was forced to just pick this white one instead.

The unit came with a 1.2m cord and the jack was gold plated (I think).  But the important thing for me is the bass and I find it quite strong as compared to some Senheiser headsets.  But the Monster Beats headset is one notch superior.  As for the midtones and the high ones are quite decent enough to hear what you don't normally hear from some earphones.

I also find it quite comfortable to wear but prolonged use makes your ear feel like a Munchkin. The reason is that it's just an on-ear type so it kinda squeezes your ears a little. Its also not difficult to store since you can twist both the left and right earphone to make it flat, perfect for storing in your backpack.

This one never failed to amuse me except for the white color which makes it quite flashy & makes it look like its more expensive than how it costs.

No comments: