Monday, July 20, 2009

SF on Win7 Works!

I thought I would never make SF (Special Forces from MyGame) work in Windows 7 until I did it today. It took me some time to learn how to actually make it work. I thought that Windows 7 is not compatible with this game but it turns out to be a discover it yourself kinda thing. What I did was copy the whole folder from a Windows XP computer and put it in the Program Files of Windows 7. Then run the DFPatcher.exe found in the SF folder and after it downloads some patches it launches the application instantly. I was so happy that I won two complete rounds. Its like a fire in the hole to me. I've been trying to install the program so many times using it's downloaded installer but it fails to launch the game console after installation. What Windows 7 do is just terminate the program. I thought I had the reason to move back to my old OS but suddenly it vanished in thin air. I hope somebody will find this helpful since I haven't found a single post in the SF forums that tells how to make the game work in Mocrosoft's newly polished OS. As for now I'll enjoy my time throwing flashbangs and shooting at enemy troops.

No comments: