Sunday, September 6, 2009

Vista Slowly but Slower

Recently my friend asked me to copy some action movies into his Sony Vaio VGN-P688E, the one that I have reviewed a month ago.  I told in my review that Sony has just won the Vista lottery, but now I retract my statement.  After a month of usage Vista seems to degrade in performance.  Maybe because of the anti-virus that was installed and other connectivity managers like Nokia's PC Suite.  But despite these, I haven't experienced this type of slow down on XP or in Windows 7.  I also had another friend who is also a Vista user and attests on my comments about Vista.  It seems that Vista is Microsoft's Black Sheep and this one's not doing what it's parents are telling it to do.

Vista is a no-no for me from the moment that it was launched and I guess that will never change.  I just hope that Windows 7 will not exhibit the same thing when installed in netbooks.

No comments: