Wednesday, August 19, 2009

High Definition - My Way

It's a good thing to have a PC around.  The almost all purpose device that we unconsciously use at work and at home.  Last night I just watched a movie in High Definition using my Asus A8He Laptop PC but instead of using the laptop's built-in LCD monitor I used the LG 42LC4R LCD TV instead.  And guess what?  The result is Spectacular! I say goodbye to the dream of having a costly Blu-ray Player since I already have my multimedia power house. The audio is fed into my CD-R King FM Modulator and into our Sony Stereo set. Not only you have a full detailed movie you also get a bass rich sound experience.

The LG 42LC4R displays rich colors and deep black content.  It has a contrast ratio of 8000:1 which is already good compared to other brands with the same dimensions.  It has a standard aspect ratio of 16:9 and with the dimensions 685.5 x 1032.7 x 88.5 mm.  It's color is piano black and is quite attractive and elegantly presentable.  I removed the stand since it came with a free wall bracked plus a free installation.  The wall bracket can enable the TV to tilt up or down but not sideways.  Maybe its because of it's viewing angle of 178 degrees since it already uses the S-IPS technology.  Refresh rate is 5ms which makes this fair enough to use for gaming.  With it's 1366 x 768 resolution this is comparable to its smaller brother LG W1642S which was posted just recently but this one has a brightness of 450cd/m2 and obviously weights heavier at 20kg.  Another thing that made it stand out is LG's 2007 XD Engine with 3D comb filtering.  It is 1080p ready but have'nt tried using it through the HDMI interface since I don't have a player with it yet.  Aside from the two HDMI inputs it also have S-video, VGA, Composite video, and Component video inputs.  As for the meantime I am using the VGA input so what appears on my Laptop screen has exactly the same resolution on the LG TV.  This makes this TV panel as my second monitor. 

This TV set introduced me the beauty of High Definition movies by playing MKV movie files using KM Player software.  But like other 42 inch LCD panels this one costs pretty high but not higher compared to other brands.  Good thing that the LG 42LC4R was given by someone who have much to spare.

No comments: