Thursday, May 21, 2009

iPod Nano a no No-No.

I got my iPod Nano last year from my Dad when he went to the States for a business trip. At first I was thinking to buy a Creative Media player but when I found out that the price difference was not that much then I decided to have an iPod instead. Guess what, I did a right decision. I was amazed how clear and sharp the LCD screen was despite of it's size. I have made use of it to the maximum potential. I love to watch movies when I'm caught up waiting for something. And one of the most innovative thing that Apple has created were podcasts. I love to watch G4 shows, CNET Live, MTV News, and PC World videos. Aside from my music I also listen most of the time to Audiobooks. I listen to them when I am driving so that no time is wasted while commuting. This device is also helpful at work, it serves as a noise cancellation device. Some of my officemates are quite audible when talking about work and you can't avoid to get annoyed. The solution, filter noise with music(but my playlists are almost noise to some). No wonder that this baby is the best selling iPod aside from the iPhone.
But this has also it's major weakness. One is that since it is an iPod, you cannot just copy and paste your music and videos in it. You have to do this using iTunes. And one thing I do not like about iTunes is that you have to import all your media files if you can't afford to buy your music online. This is quite a nuisance to me because it takes a lot of time. It's second weakness that I find is the scroll wheel is quite small for my large fingers. I often get a false selection which i find quite annoying. It's back cover is also a fingerprint magnet. But I don't mind since I put it inside a leather case.
Despite all the annoying aforementioned drawbacks, it served it's purpose of being an entertaining portable media device. And it looks good also. Apple did their assignment again when it comes to aesthetics. For this device, I can't do anything without it and I recommend it as a must have.

No comments: