Monday, May 25, 2009

Windows 7 a Heaven?

For me as long as it's free then it's a gotta have. Just this month I switched from Window XP to Windows 7 RC1. I never upgraded to Vista despite of the killer aero 3D interface. As I have mentioned in my previous blog I have used Windows and Linux, and my comment about Wndows 7 is that it's like a combination of both. It looks like Vista, it's fast as XP, and stable as Linux. My experience so far made me go "Yeah!". Windows 7 is really the best thing that happened to Microsoft. It still has the Windows Vista Aero but does not take too much juice out of your system. As far as I am concerned, this OS packs a lot of features than the older Vista. This has set the standards for the latest computing trend. I no longer have to install Vistamizer in XP just to dress up my OS. This one is already dressed up and it sure is dressed up well.

My first impression with Windows 7 is that it's like I have seen this before. If you happen to have installed or used a Linux KDE disto like LInux Mint then you probably might have guessed that Microsoft copied yet another style from other sources. The taskbar looks like KDE and almost has the same icons on the system tray. Although, Windows 7 taskbar is not configurable (moving and replacing the position and contents) like Linux, it still maintains it's standard template of the taskbar in Microsoft style. Some Linux distro tries to immitate Windows by positioning their tools to look like Windows but still it doesn't feel like being Windows.

So far my experience with this brand new OS is not yet final. I'm still in the early stages and have not seen the full capability of it yet. Time is surely not a luxury to others and so is with me. So expect to read more about Windows 7 in my future blogs. I'll be glad to share my experience in using this new amazing piece of OS.

1 comment:

Budget Tips said...

post a flag counter it will add some art and use as a viewers counter at the same time...