Monday, May 25, 2009

OS User Compatibility

I'm really not a fan of Microsoft Products it just happens that I've been using it's products from my PC to my mobile phone. It's like the movie "There's something about Mary" kinda thing but you have to replace Mary to Microsoft. I've heard of the commercial in the US that's comparing the Mac versus a PC. The PC is a more complicated operating systems to some that is why they opt to purchase a Mac instead. I've never used a Mac before but to me it's about the being user friendliness that counts to some. Maybe it's about being straight to the point of usefulness. Most of the photographers I know uses a Mac perhaps not only because of the hardware but mostly because of the interface or getting straight to your desired task with few commands. Using a PC, you have to be more technically levitated than the average and should be patient to be able to do what you ought to do(If it's out of the ordinary typing and surfing). But to me since the dawn of the old DOS (or Disk Operating System that Bill Gates bought from some programmer and then marketed it as if it was his own creation) I knew it right at the spot how to use it already. I have to learn the basic commands of course (dir, md, cd, cd.., etc.) and the structure of a directory. It's hard to imagine if generation of today suddenly shifts from the brilliantly designed user interface of Windows or MAC OS to the basic DOS, Unix, or other syntax-command interface. It's like shifting from the Jetsons to the Flintstones. I bet that today's user is not backward compatible with the old OS that we once had.

No comments: