Thursday, August 6, 2009

Easy Peasy Not the Ordinary

Today I have encountered a couple of worms lurking on my EeePC and it's really not comfortable knowing that you might have a security issue anytime while using windows. That is why I decided to try Easy Peasy which was derived from Ubuntu. Just like any other Linux distro it can be used without installing it locally on your hard disk. But this time it's different, since the EeePC doesn't come with an optical drive the linux distro can be run using a USB thumb drive. Yes you heard it right I ran this using my 4GB thumb drive and I was actually excited to try it. The OS was a bit slow upon boot up while loading the kernel and stuff but upon using it I didn't experience a freeze just like I did with windows xp, just yet. I ran out of time again and will continue the experience tomorrow, that is if I can get home early. So expect a part two of this post soon.

No comments: