Saturday, August 15, 2009

Free Stuff Under the SUN

Due to the current economic crisis a lot of belts have been tightened and some businesses are closing. Retrenchment is still haunting employees everywhere. But despite all these we strive to lessen our expenses so we can still thrive to live normally. For the tech point of view there are still things that you can get for free like mobile internet.  Aside from the free Wifi services being offered in restaurants and coffee shop you can access free internet usage using your Java capable cell phone, and a SUN prepaid SIM card with a load less than P10.  I heard it from one of my colleagues and I thought it was just a hoax until I tried it myself.  You can be online wherever you go as long as there is a cell site around.  Well this is a fun thing that doesn't cost a cent.  The speed is quite decent and I do not expect it to be fast using my HTC Viva since it is only a GPRS/EDGE phone and has no 3G.  But it is enough to view my non work related emails and blogs.  This is a cheap way of being online under the SUN.

No comments: