Sunday, August 16, 2009

LG W1642S LCD Monitor Review

Just bought a new LG W1642S LCD Monitor today in PC Home in Market-Market Taguig.  This will be used on our old Pentium II 233MHz PC that was bought way back in 1997.  I have revived the old fella since our Internet Shop is running out of workstations.  It will be used as a server to run the Cafe Manager Software that I acquired last month.  I just hope that it will last longer since it's past beyond its lifetime.  And if it will die on me then I am forced to buy another workstation to accommodate our increasing number of customers.

This monitor is not the best monitor available in the market.  The main reason that I chose it is because it's one of the cheapest and it is being offered for 0% interest for 6 months.  So it won't be a big bang on the budget.  Another thing is that it has lower ampere rating compared to other brands which made me think that it will consume lesser power even though I did not brought a power meter with me.  Among other choices are AOC and Acer but I chose it because of it's brand.  No offense to Acer and AOC but I already bought 10 of these LG's before and so far I have no problem with them.  I oftentimes opt for products that I have already tried and am afraid to try new ones thinking that I can't afford to do a trial runs.  Aside from this is that our LCD TV is also from LG.  That gets me to think that LG should reward me for being loyal to them.  Anyway, the LCD Monitor that I bought has only a resolution of 1366x768 which makes it a widescreen and it's diagonal size is approximately 15.6".  It's pixel size is 0.252mm with a contrast ration of 5000:1.

It is not ideal for gaming but after trying Special Force and Crazy Kart on these LCD's it gives you decent enough resolution to throw a flashbang and making sharp turns.  It is quite good when it comes to Internet Surfing but it would be better if it had a taller headroom.  Good thing that it does not have one of those glossy screen like the ones installed in cheap laptops so you won't see yourself when the gaming scene is pitch black.  One annoying thing is the power button which has a blue glowing LCD when the status is on. Although you loose to notice it after some time on using it.  The LCD turns orange when the PC is turned off or if the panel is not receiving any input signal.

So far so good, this LCD is worth the buy and is one of the cheapest available. But if you have more money to spare then better get yourself a bigger screen.

No comments: